Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
If you know a bit about Planescape (specifically the city of Sigil) and aren't opposed to do some finishing work on it yourself, Planewalkers has a downloadable adventure called Desire and the Dead on their webpage.

The interesting thing about it, and why you might like it, is that it's almost entirely based on various random encounters you can throw at the PCs, some of which advance the plot, and some of which don't, and lists of locations and NPCs the PCs might see or meet.
That sounds good, but sadly I'm not very familiar with Planescape or Sigil (except for a few short trips there as a player). I couldn't find any reviews online - does anyone have experience with it? I think I'll have a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diarmuid View Post
If you liked RHoD, then Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land is written in a very similar style.
Makes sense, as it was also done by Rich Baker (of RHoD fame). An interesting suggestion, albeit for a higher level group that intended.

But perhaps the precursor adventure Cormyr - Tearing of the Weave is worth looking at? Does anyone have experiences with that? It seems to have received rather positive reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
I've played and really liked Sunless Citadel. Granted, it is a fairly straightforward dungeon crawl. (I'm going to be DMing it sometime, and am planning on adding stuff at the town at the beginning to mix stuff up a bit.)
I've played through it once, but was a little underwhelmed in terms of roleplaying opportunities. Also, the plot seemed rather linear and the dungeon positively overcrowded. Perhaps that was due to the DM being not that great; it would seem that the interaction with the kobolds/goblins should provide some interesting situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
I suggest a nerfed Ravenloft. Very nonlinear, not quite a dungeon crawl, and absolutely terrifying on the player's end
Interesting. It appears to be a good campaign, but at least one of my players has the book and at least skimmed through it already (although, being a bit goth, he'd love me to DM it), plus it seems quite a bit larger in scale as I intended to commit to. I'm also not sure if my immersion-challenged players would be able to sufficiently appreciate the horror theme.

So far I've only seen horror adventures work well (in terms of immersion) with an excellent, well-prepared DM and roleplaying-oriented players. Does this one make it easy for DMs to convey the special atmosphere?