Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldbakka View Post
So I'm looking for either a way to negate various immunities to sneak attack (I've got gravestrike and golem strike covered for contsructs and undead from my dragon spellcasting, but no way to sneak attack elementals or plants... or other things I'm missing, or to deal with fortification enchantments on armor (the big one).
Rogues have (at least partial) workarounds for these things. The Lightbringer Rogue Penetrating Strike ACF (Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, page 208) lets you deal sneak attack damage to those normally immune when you flank them. You do ½ the normal sneak attack dice, but no reduction in other sneak attack damage (from the Craven feat, or when attacking with a maximized weaponlike spell, for instance). (There's a non-Lightbringer Penetrating Strike ACF in Dungeonscape on page 13, but that one isn't so clear that you're still dealing sneak attack damage, just reduced.)

So 100% Fortification normally makes enemies immune to sneak attack, but they can still be flanked; Lightbringer Penetrating Strike + Craven does nearly 70% of full sneak attack damage against this immunity.

Creatures that can't be flanked (elementals, oozes, and swarms) are tougher; you can't get them with normal sneak attack damage. The Crippling Strike Rogue special ability adds 2 points of STR damage to every sneak attack. With the Savvy Rogue feat (Complete Scoundrel) you still do the Crippling Strike STR damage even against foes normally immune. So get a wand with a weaponlike spell, and make touch attacks against a swarm; you'll knock the swarm's STR (normally fairly low) down with every hit. Kind of a roundabout way to sneak attack something to death, but a Rogue can do it.

If you're contemplating being a non-dragon Rogue vs. dragons, I highly recommend another ACF: Uncanny Bravery (Dragon Magic, page 14). You'll get immunity to dragon Frightful Presence, and a boost to saves against other types of fear (double the penalty you accept with Craven ).