View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] A proper Valkyrie PC?

1. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] A proper Valkyrie PC?

Quote Originally Posted by yldenfrei View Post
    Here's my (not very good) plan:
    • Half-Celestial Template - I considered an Aasimar, but felt their benefits coming short. Plus, I really wanted those celestial wings granting good flight maneuverability. +4 LA doesn't seem so bad for that and then some.
    • Human - mainly for the looks, Favored Class: Any, and free feat/skill points.
    • Bard - For serving as a handmaiden entertaining warriors in the hall of the slain. For magic to help her in dealing with mortal affairs. For Inspire Courage as well.
    • Cleric - For her divine powers in granting boon or smiting foe. For the Domain access and Devotion feats, mostly.
    • Crusader - Devoted Spirit and White Raven, as expected.
    • Deity - Odin (Travel, War) or Freya (Air, Magic)

And then, here's my need-to-accomplish:
    • A way to make her look mortal-ish while in their company (hide wings, etc.).
    • Party face skills/spells. She is expected to converse a lot with royalty figures after all.
    • A good selection of spells (preferably divine) to reflect the valkyrie's power in deciding the fate of a warrior on the battlefield. Most likely buffs/debuffs.

For this one, I don't plan on entering a PrC, so Favored Class management is a must for no XP penalty. Although, if you can suggest a tempting PrC I might consider it.

So, tips on how to make this halfway decent? Feats, skills, maneuvers, class progression, even must-have magic items? Assume that this would enter gameplay with ECL of 10, giving us 6 class levels to play with. For the ceiling, let us assume ECL 30 for that Epic-but-not-Godlike vibe.

Or if there's an existing build, you could point me there and save ourselves the trouble.

Thanks in advance!
    I don't usually advocate 1/2 celestial as the +4 LA, but fine.
    Hat of Disguise covers hiding wings and looking mortal.
    So you looking at a little Crusader or a lot?
    Are you looking to be mainly casting Divine or Arcane?
    You could do Bard 3/Cleric 1/Crusader 2
    The reason for putting Crusader last is so you get the feat that combines Bard/Crusader for Inspire Courage: Song of White Raven.
    Bard is for now Favored (as it is highest level class).
    This grants 2nd level maneuvers (Cleric +Bard =4/2=2. 2+1=3, so both Crusader levels can choose 2nd level or lower maneuvers.
    Still limited to 1st level Stances at 1st though).
    Crusader adds Steely Resolve: meaning you can hold off 5 damage 2 rounds (unless healed) than take the damage, helping you survive longer.
    You add Cha to Will saves.