View Single Post

Thread: Nifty magic items

1. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Nifty magic items

Quote Originally Posted by BiblioRook View Post
    So I'm in a game where the DM doesn't really seem to be inclined to drop treasure but rather periodically just give us one Big Item and call it square.

For most in my party this is pretty easy. The Bard gets a magic harp, and the Swordsage and Clerc both get magic weapons. But me? I'm nothing but straight up skill-monkey (having gone a cleric cleric/rogue route) with absolutely zero use in combat, by design. I'm literally only there to handle skill stuff (and at the moment those skills are only Knowledge ones). But as a result my DM is clueless as to what sorts of items would help me at all.

So I ask you, what are some fun/useful magic items? Perfurably non-combat oriented things, not only do I just not really care about combat but the non-combat stuff just always seemed more interesting and unique as far as Magical Items are concerned.
    (Also, don't be afraid to shot big, I'm curious just how much I can get my DM to go for as he's been plenty generous with everyone else's items so far.)

ive got some questions for this.

1. he gives the party ONE big magic item for the party to sell?
    2. Is he concious of the WBL and the problem of selling magic items acording to the wealth of some cities and the "1/3 of the original price" thing?

Well now to the main topic.
    you are a skill monkey, and a rogue, that means: Wands, scrolls, and lots of items that allows you to simply cast spells. Use Magic Device is far one of the greatest skills ever invented, abuse it.

Other items i recommend (if your DM allows it) are skill boosting items.
    Here you got the instructions for the creation of them.
    Highlight "Skill bonus (competence)" on the second table.

Being a non combatant is not the best of the ideas tough. Hope you dont find yourself alone and needing to fight. Yeah, you always have the option to escape somehow (i recommend scrolls or wands of dimensional door for this job for example)... but beware of antimagic fields and try not to be solo.
    Last edited by Loki Eremes; 2011-02-05 at 02:26 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Spoiler
    Show
    2012? =
    Gear of the Universe // D&D Steampunk campaing setting.

...You´re not afraid of the dark, are you?

" Self Defense !!! " - A sneaking Drow.

- Infinite Blades Technique:
    ...One Thousand Cuts -