1. - Top - End - #749
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion II: No Longer Mortal

So!

My group has played a few sessions of Exalted now.. We're maybe 5 sessions in? 4 or 5.

Anyways, one the players in the group is playing an Eclipse Caste, ah... sort of a Shaman? Her character learned about what she was (that she was a Solar, that is) from the Tree God of her Tree village (in the east, if that wasn't clear). In exchange, the God sent her to close a Shadowland.

Anyways, she's having a bit of a problem, as, this being her first game of Exalted and all, she didn't really take any combat charms at character creation.

In addition, she took high Martial Arts (her character has 5 dots), thinking I guess that Martial Arts charms would be about as simple to take as, say, Melee charms. Now we've got access to most of the books, but a lot of us don't know much about things like the various martial arts and whatnot, and so she asked me to see if you guys might be able to suggest a decently balanced martial art style with fluff that might fit her character, at least somewhat. I had seen someone mentioning "Sapphire Veil of Passion" or whatever a couple pages back, and we looked at that, but the fluff on it really doesn't fit her character at all. That's not a huge deal, of course, but we thought we'd see if you guys had any suggestions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:
    The weapons she is using by the way, are some sort of artifact gauntlet with retractable claws, and the middle claw on each gauntlet is also a projectile on a chain? If you guys need more details than that, I can find out the name of the gauntlets or any other details that would help when I talk to her tomorrow.
    Last edited by DragonSinged; 2011-02-11 at 04:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter, character in game I'm GMing
    I was fine in Kingsfort until I met you guys. This looking for immortality thing is gonna get me killed!