1. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Masters of the Sword: A Warblade's Handbook [Under Construction]

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    It only works once per encounter, though. You have to also be hurt at that time for it to be worthwhile, stipulations Improved Toughness doesn't have, as you just have those extra hit points, no questions asked.
    A free cure spell once per encounter that scales with level is still better because, while improved toughness gives you extra hit points, that's also more hit points to heal, at the very least, they're equal.

While true, it's also out of Dragon, which isn't exactly a common source or necessarily open to every table. Making a Handbook is usually towards benefiting the most people and Dragon gets the least face time out of any source, especially considering a lot of these feats and other things have a swinging pendulum for a sense of balance, so that doesn't help get them onto more game tables, either. Unfortunate, I know, as there's a lot of good stuff in there as well, it's just not necessarily the best source of comparison with other published material.
    I don't have a single copy of dragon magazine, I got that off realmshelp. There should really be a link to that in the feats section.

Also, I found a great loophole for the weapon aptitude class feature, it works for any feat that affects a single weapon, right? Well, EWP affects a single weapon! So basically, you can wake up and decide which weapon you want to be proficient with that day!
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-02-11 at 05:45 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting