View Single Post

Thread: Finishing a Character: Psion

1. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: Finishing a Character: Psion

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Stabber View Post
    Sorry, I forgot, I usually play with the house rule of "once class, always class". I keep forgetting about that particular deviance from RAW.
    This can somewhat be circumvented with the retraining rules in PHBII, but I usually try to push for that house rule. It's a reasonable rule that gets rid of something that really adds nothing to the game (similar to the Favored Class exp penalty).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Stabber View Post
    And the Crystal related powers are just amazing. The low damage die may seem bad, but the fact that they always work is just fan-freakin'-tastic. They may border on broken, Thoughts?
    Broken, probobly not. Just look at the orb spells, they are much more powerful. They may not be as adept at crowd control, but mooks usually don't do very well when making saves and their SR is not going to be too much of a problem.

The crystal powers are extremely cool. Maybe I should go for a Crystal themed Psion and have my constructs be crystaline, rather than ecto-blobs. Although if I wanted to go the psionic Blaster route I would play a Wilder, since they're quite good at blowing things up.

EDIT: Just as a complete side note, since Wilders gein more skill points per level than psion I could play one with 4 less Int than the psion I'm considering and still gain the same total skills. With Cha as my primary instead I would be a better party face as well.
    Last edited by Elric VIII; 2011-02-21 at 03:54 PM.