1. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion II: No Longer Mortal

So, I have an artifact idea and I'd like thoughts.

Regarding the Precepts and the Superiority of the Virtues

This is an ancient text, written in the first age by a Twilight who for some inscrutable reason never released it to the public, which contains an exhaustive and perfect argument for why any moral creature should adopt the irrational virtues over the rational Precepts, for ultimately rational reasons.

These arguments are so perfect that, upon reading the text, a free-willed construct may choose to internalize the arguments, transforming their Precepts into the corresponding Virtues.

I plan on having one of the effects be that, per a clever bit of foresight on Autochthon's part, the construct is assigned a soul that will join the cycle of reincarnation as normal when the construct is destroyed. I'm interested in other effects the text could potentially have, as well as anything someone might've read in some obscure sourcebook that would have an impact on it.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how to adjudicate the effects the text might have on an Alchemical, in regards to tampering with their Clarity. It might be amusing for it to be A Bad Idea for an Alchemical.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    So, question time. Are Harmonious Academic Mythology and/or Legendary Scholar Curriculum able to teach people occult specialties/procedures/degrees?
    Regarding this, Dreams of the First Age details a charm which expands Harmonious Academic Mythology and gives the user the ability to teach sorcerous spells, thaumaturgical degrees, and even permanent Essence.
    Last edited by Indon; 2011-02-22 at 11:50 PM.