Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
1) Is it possible to compel an Aspect of the environment, or invoke an opponent's Aspect? I think no, but I want to make sure.
Yes, you can Compel or Invoke any Aspect you are aware of, it all works exactly the same.

2) Is there anything that prevents you from invoking all of your aspects each turn, and compel all of his, except a high Fate Point cost? I take it you have they have to be appropriate for the scene?
No, just the limits of your Fate Point supply (and common sense in trying to preserve them).

You can limit it through the use of Scopes (sidebar on p53) if you're concerned about people trying to win by simply throwing FPs at conflicts.

3) Let's say I fight a guy with a big broadsword in a confined space. It's then appropriate to compel the Huge(P) Aspect on his sword. However, I can then compel it so that he suffers penalties, or I can compel if for effect. What presents me from compelling the effect "you can't use that at all in this confined space"?
Table rules, basically. By the rules both are perfectly fine, it takes mutual agreement for the player to use one rather than the other. If the player has described moving into a really tight space, then perhaps it can be Compelled for effect, whereas if its just more confined than the open, only for the penalty.

(Being Persistent, the player doesn't have to pay any FPs for this to happen, either).