Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
(Factually inaccurate rant)
There are about 28,000 copies of Paladin Blues in circulation since 2006. It is not the bestselling OOTS book we have ever printed; both the black-and-white books beat it by a fairly large margin, as does Dungeon Crawlin' Fools. ~75 copies represents four boxes, each about 10" x 16" x 8", out of over a thousand such boxes for that one title alone. Ookoodook shares a very large warehouse space with several other companies, where there are, sometimes, several pallets of books. Since the First Printing of Paladin Blues dates from before Ookoodook handled my ordering, they probably were mixed in with a shipment they received but not noticed until now.

I have no idea what the readership or purchase levels for Marvel or DC titles are, but I would point out that OOTS has a readership online of around three-quarters of a million individuals. That less than 5% of those readers buy any given book is not exactly "economic genius."

Quote Originally Posted by Ted The Bug View Post
Rich makes his living off of OotS? Always thought that he did work for WotC on the side. Well, shows you how much I know.
I haven't done any work for WOTC since Dungeonscape was printed in early 2007, and that was only the third book I had worked on. It was never a significant income stream, because it was low-paying work-for-hire (that is, a small lump sum upon completion and no royalties). I've been essentially supporting my family on OOTS since Dungeon Crawlin' Fools came out in 2005.