View Single Post

Thread: got an urgosh question

1. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: got an urgosh question

On consideration, I think that you probably would be considered proficient with the Axe end, because that end has the Axe keyword. But as the double weapon rules seem to stand at the moment, you aren't proficient in the spear end, because it doesn't. You are specifically proficient in all Axes, after all so to get both ends you'd either need proficiency in all spears also, or specific proficiency in the Urgrosh.

Which slightly goes against the spirit of the edition, to my mind, and I'd certainly handwave it away in my own game, were it the case. As far as I can see though, that's how it works by RAW.

I don't think the type of spear the end counts as matters, because firstly it doesn't specify, and secondly, it's not a spear, it's an Urgrosh Secondary end. Only proficiency with all spears, or with the Urgrosh would be relevant. as the character has neither, no dice. I think.

[edit] Did the Urgrosh used to simply be listed as being part of both Axe and Spear groups? It's possible to my mind that it would have originally worked, but the ends are seperately listed now.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2011-04-07 at 12:29 PM.