Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
The doctor's actions in this episode seem kind of amazingly nasty, but they didn't bring up any moral questions at all. Tennant angsted about doing things that were no way near this bad.
Spoiler
Show
This Doctor seems to be willing to do much nastier things than previous incarnations. Though overall, I thought it was all a bit too easy. I mean, these Silents were supposed to be capable of making the TARDIS blow up and destroy all of reality at the end of last season. But they were beaten in just two episodes?

If that's the last we've seen of them, I will be very disappointed in the whole "Silence will fall" storyline.

And that scene where they dragged Nixon out to tell a couple of NASA scientists the Doctor was okay kind of summed up Rory's story function to me. He stood in the background and as they were leaving he says "America salutes you." In other words, in story terms he contributes nothing.

Watching Confidential after the show was a bit of an eye opener. Is it me, or is Matt Smith nowhere near as comfortable with the secondary aspects of taking on the highest profile role in British TV as David Tennant was. And that Moffat has become a simpering, overconfident and somewhat cocky figure over the last couple of years.