Quotestorm!

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
The thing River talked about at the end of Silence of the Library, where he took her on some sort of wonderful last adventure (which she didn't know was last), may very well have been an offscreen adventure with the Tenth.
Except that Steven Moffat on Confidential after Time of Angels I think outright stated that that was the Doctor and River's second meeting. If not, then he heavily implied it.
In any case, I find it hard to believe the Doctor could manage something River would find that wonderful back then when he barely knew her, and also somehow manage to do it without kissing her at any point.

That could also explain why she was less angsty about the Doctor having never met her before in Silence in the Library, because they'd gone out of strict reverse order by that point so she didn't necessarily think that would be her last meeting with the Doctor, even though it was his first.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaris View Post
Also, point of debate beyond ravid 'OMGOMGOMG!', which is most of what you'll get from me. Current Who is definitely providing one season long story, to the extent that individual episodes don't have so much of a self-contained plot. I love this, my family less so. What do others think?
I disagree with the premise of your question. Yes, Who now has big season-long arcs, but that has in no way detracted from the plots of individual episodes in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvil View Post
Spoiler
Show
Well, we know that the kid at the end isn't Amy's baby (whatever's up with that whole baby thing), because she regenerated nine months after Amy first told the Doctor she was pregnant.
Spoiler
Show
That kid..

.. probably doesn't have access to a TARDIS. I may be wrong, but just sayin'
Spoiler
Show
I don't see how that's in any way related. If that little girl was Amy's daughter, she was taken back into the past and deposited in 1960s America at some point, and that's completely unrelated to Amy telling the Doctor about her being pregnant (earlier in her timeline). If your argument had any merit it would be impossible for the little girl to be Amy's daughter simply because the girl was already a number of years old as opposed to negative several months.

But then, what's the significance of it being "6 months later"? I'm even more confused now.
None in particular? It's just an arbitrary amount of time passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
Spoiler
Show
Also, I thought Rory's comment at the end was interesting..."Exactly what sort of Doctor are you?"

She just says "Archaeologist"...but, well, she could so easily be lying.
She also introduced herself to the Doctor in Silence in the Library as an archaeologist, and referred to it when talking about Nixon in the first episode. Anyway, what would be the point in her lying about that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Dice View Post
Spoiler
Show
If that's the last we've seen of them, I will be very disappointed in the whole "Silence will fall" storyline.
Spoiler
Show
If that's the last we've seen of them, I will eat my fez.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Dice View Post
Watching Confidential after the show was a bit of an eye opener. Is it me, or is Matt Smith nowhere near as comfortable with the secondary aspects of taking on the highest profile role in British TV as David Tennant was? And that Moffat has become a simpering, overconfident and somewhat cocky figure over the last couple of years.
I think it's just you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Spoiler for next week: Karen Gillan as Amy Pond as Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann. Huzzah!
Nonsense. Amy Pond is much better than Elizabeth Swann.

Also, just rewatched the last episode and noticed something: The Doctor said he has the strangest feeling the little girl will find them. As of the end of the episode, she has not done so. So that's something to possibly bear in mind for the remainder of the series.

Regarding the use of spoiler tags, I think certainly we should spoiler things for a day or so after the episode is broadcast, to allow for people being a bit late, or on the wrong side of the Atlantic. But we could possibly extend that a bit, to allow the Australians to discuss the previous episode spoiler-free within that window if they wanted.