View Single Post

Thread: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

1. - Top - End - #261
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [1st Division, temporal stasis in Sayuri's office]

There's a glint of disappointment in Sayuri's eyes and her frown deepens. "I did not think you an addict, Yuuta-san. I truly hoped you were above the manners of your childish protegé." She eyes the field of stopped time, though never becoming less alert or less ready to cut Yuuta's throat should he try to chant a single spell.

"Yes, he has finally snapped. Maybe because, at the face of current chaos, he needed a calm and reasonable presence, and one was not there for him." Her voice is calm, but it could hardly be more accusing.

"He's destroyed the Kido Corps; stolen or burned to the ground the archives we've upheld from the dawn of time. Fled, perhaps to the welcoming embrace of our worst enemies. And, if I recall his beliefs right, it's out of some naive idealism and desire to better the world. I can't fathom how he can hold such delusions, when he's... robbed Seireitei of a millenium of its history, caused a... wound to the cause of all Shinigami that will take centuries to heal, but I suppose I should not assume to know what goes on in that drug-addled brain of his."

It seems Sayuri's come to some form of a conclusion, as he lets her left hand briefly leave the hilt of her sword, to recite another spell. "Footprints on the riverbed; crushing sands of time; stream that washes away sins of life; resume your flow! Hanki!"

For a moment, the world turns black and white for the pair. Then, there's a shattering sound as the Jikanteishi surrounding them is broken. Yukimura Seiko might find himself facing a rather odd scene from the open office door.

"This is not time for foolish notions of personal trust", Sayuri hisses to Yuuta's ear. "Kitano Takeshi has proven himself a criminal worse than the late Public Enemy Number One ever was. Anything dealing with him is a matter for all of Seireitei. It is my wish that you will come and co-operate willingly - I'd hate to force you, seeing you've come this far already."

"You've already cast a Forbidden Kido - a crime worthy of exile, as you should know. I can't promise much, but if your knowledge proves to be helpful, I will make my best so it won't be held against you in your trial."
    Despite the scenario, the expression betrayed by Yuuta's upturned eyes relaxes into a state of genuine serenity. He calmly whispers his reply to the Vice-Captain. "While your claim of addiction puzzles me to no small degree, I am relieved that the faith I have placed in your stark sincerity remains thoroughly founded. The Corps has already been undone and thus, until its' records have been restored and it can be founded anew, the potential for my exile would (frankly) mean precious little to either myself or the Soul Society."

Risking the ire of Sayuri's apparent hair-trigger, Yuuta lowers his head to return his gaze to the former's eye level. "-however, despite the fact that I'd expect nothing less from you, Vice-Captain, I do find your reflexive habit of resorting to shotgun diplomacy to be highly inappropriate. Unaware what had occurred during my much needed downtime, I took a chance that my now former Commander's suspicions had not come to fruition by simply being here. It has always been my policy to co-operate with the Gotei on matters of import, but if intimidation tactics and threats from a supposed peer are all that I can expect from the other side of the table, perhaps a forced exile would be for the best after all."
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2011-05-18 at 01:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.