1. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XII: "Now in Rapid Fire range!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Ghost View Post
    Mono-Tzeentch isn't bad. At least, as mono-Daemons go anyway. You actually have shooting!

Old shooty Codexes hate Necrons, because there's just not enough firepower to kill everything and you can't sweep them in assault without an extreme amount of luck.

I've played some games against Necrons with my Tau that just resulted in my knocking everything down each turn for almost all of it to get back up. I spent 3 turns killing the same 3 Destroyers. It was infuriating.

And mono-Tzeentch would have had a similar problem.

Do you have the lists to hand? I'm curious what your opponent was using.
    Mine...
    Let's see... Deployment was Dawn of War, game type was.. the one where you have 2 objectives... The middle game type (where you roll a 3 or for on a d6)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Necron Lord with Warscythe, Resurrection Orb, Phylactery, Gaze of Flame, and solar pulse (actually useful!)
    Necron Lord with Warscythe, Resurrection Orb, Phylactery, Gaze of Flame and Phase Shifter
    5 squads of 10 Necron Warriors
    2 squads of 3 Necron Destroyers
    Monolith

Demons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord of Change (No idea what sort of gifts it had)
    2 Squads of 5 or 6 Flamers (one has blue scribe, one has.. whatever the lesser version is. Maybe he was proxying the blue scribe. I honestly don't know for sure)
    3 groups of Pink horrors (No idea what number, each group had a banner and bolt of tzeentch.
    Group 1 was the Lord, blue scribe's flamers, and 1 group of pink horrors, the other was 2 pink horrors and the other flamers. group 2 came in, much to his chagrin.

EDIT: The first game I won was... a long time ago. Several years, ago, with my cousin's Ultrasmurfs. I started great (must have done well in shooting), but a powerfist blowing up his tank (with my squad clustered around it) nearly cost me the game.
    Last edited by Squark; 2011-05-19 at 03:28 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe