View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] Feat: Elite Grenadier

1. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: [3.5] Feat: Elite Grenadier

Quote Originally Posted by Dralnu
    Also, isn't there a grenadier type feat in PHB2? I don't have it on me to check.
    Yes, Greandier is listed as a prerequisite of this feat. There's also Mad Alchemist. I haven't yet checked to see if there is significant potential of abuse with Mad Alchemist and this proposed feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustfinger View Post
    On a more reasonable note, I think this feat is pretty interesting although I think you should make it so everyone has to be adjacent to the initial target not the last hit. Otherwise if you had an 18 dexterity you could hit five people directly in a line and splash sixteen people.
    I guess I never really considered the splash a big deal since the splash only does 2 points of damage with the prerequisite Grenadier feat (I guess double that if they're vulnerable to the energy type). I guess it could add up with iteratives, but each toss is making you poorer (and in a more significant manner than, say, an arrow) and you're effectively getting something similar to a CL2 fireball or lightning bolt.

Also, unless you eliminate the part where each additional hit also produces normal splash damage (with no overlap), even only allowing additional primary targets adjacent to the first target can net large numbers of splash targets. For instance:

P = Primary
    X = Secondary
    S = Splash
    Code:
    |_|S|S|X|S|
    |_|_|S|S|S|
    I guess you're saying do it like this:
    Code:
    |_|S|S|X|_|
    |_|_|_|_|_|
    It's certainly a bit more realistic, I just don't know if it brings down the power-level that much. Those "S" squares being removed are only doing 2-4 HP of damage.
    Last edited by Forged Fury; 2011-05-24 at 09:56 AM.