View Single Post

Thread: 3.5 Base Class Necrotic Infester PEACH

1. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Base Class Necrotic Infester PEACH

I'm a big fan of necrotic cysts so a whole base class built around them... that's very nice.

Specifying which abilities are (su) and which are ex) would be helpful.

Soul Tether is very confusing- what is the point of that? It seems to help people who have the cysts but in a weird way? Is it meant to be an option they can use when they implant the cyst?

Necrotic Metamagic- You may need to talk more about the mechanics. Does the target who is getting its necrotic cyst consumed need to be a target of the spell itself? Is there a maximum range they need to be? Does any necrotic cyst work or does it need to have been one implanted by you?

The 20th level ability seems a bit too much with permanent Necrotic Empowerment. That includes a +8 enhancement bonus to wis, int and dex. And how do the 100 temporary hit points function?

Devouring Cyst- "buff" not a well-defined term. Do you just mean one spell with a duration other than permanent or instantaneous? If so, one could use this to remove spells that are really hard to get rid of by implanting a cyst and then using it to remove the spell. This needs to be more thought out.

Eternal Cyst- The ability makes sense but the name doesn't fit.

In general, they should be allowed to choose whether or not when implanting a cyst to use any of the additional abilities. So for example, Empowered Necrotic Cyst should be optional.

Necrotic Blight- I presume that this allows turning or rebuking?

Spell list- "Vamparic Touch" should be "Vampiric Touch" The spell list is extremely restrictive. In comparison to a Dread Necromancer (which is T3) this is a lot more restrictive. And a DN gets all the basic necrotic spells if they just take a single feat. The DN is in the upper end of the 3 range. This seems to be more a T4, since they can do necrotic stuff very well, but will be useless in many other circumstances. So this seems as is to be T4 mainly based off the spell list.

You may want to give them Animate Dead as an additional spell..

The wording of Necrotic Spell Leech and Necrotic Plague needs some work.

Hmm, with all this necrotic stuff here, maybe I should post some of the necrotic stuff I've been working on. Still mainly in very weak drafts though.
    Last edited by JoshuaZ; 2011-06-07 at 11:32 AM.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors