Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
Did you say you wanted a The Angels Have The Phonebox t-shirt?
Hello Christmas present and/or splurging on geekiness because I can!

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
This was pretty much my reaction as well, except I forgot his name and so kept referring to him as Claudius.
He's amazing isn't he! I've not seen I, Clavdivs though, so I really only know him from Cadfael and a few other places. Chances are I'll be calling Sir Derek Jacobi Cadfael or his own name rather than his character's name.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
Maybe she's really an archaeologist? Naw, just kidding.
Oh no, definitely not an archaeologist. No fedora or triumphant John Williams' music.

Are you my Mummy?
No SuperPanda. I, am your father.

I had the same reaction when I first saw the episode but your retelling of it is priceless in a good way. That was a wonderfully scary moment of silly. In context of later episodes I think its more Moffat saying "Boo" than anything else, but it was still very fun.
I try for a little amusement in these things so it's not just a simple rewrite of an episode. Mainly this comprises mostly of keeping the mouse on the pause button, hitting it when something happens that's interesting/something and writing my thoughts down as they go.
Stream of consciousness and all that. So yes, I do think 'oh dearie me'.
Probably Moffat is just doing it for gits and shiggles, but it's still scary. Love him.

I look forward to reading your review. About the time I left the states to start teaching ESL I had a few friends who I was trying to sell Dr. Who on and they'd all decided that they loved Tennant and Tennant's range as an actor, they just hadn't decided if they really wanted to watch the whole thing. I told them they needed to watch the episode you've got coming up next because not only does it have 10 and Jack in the same episode together (they liked Jack a lot already) but the guest star, Sir Derek Jacobi, steals the show whenever he's on screen.

edit: added spoilers back into your points. Hopefully telling you that I loved Derek Jacobi's performance in the next episode isn't spoiling anything (it doesn't sound like it is).
Spoiler
Show
Basically, All I wanted to say is that in loving Sir Derek Jacobi's acting : You are not alone.
I'll try to get Utopia up tonight, although I don't know for certain if I can - work and all that jazz - but seeing as I love Sir Cadfael Jacobi . . .
It's tricky. Hmmm, about your friends, did this episode sell them Doctor Who? I certainly think it would. He's a brilliant actor. And such a kindly man too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stadge View Post
*shakesfist at Curly I'm looking forward to reading this next installment of your NuWho trek, but alas, I have a Scandinavian History exam this morning, so I best not yet.
Bahahahahahaha!
I don't have any exams this term, just a portfolio. And hey, at least you can - or have - read this after your exam. I mean, it's practically six o'clock now, so chances are more than likely you've already read this post as I type a response to you regretting you can't read the post, thus making this reply redundant.
Or something.
Time travel is confusing at times. Hope you enjoyed or will enjoy it.
And how'd the exam go?

Quote Originally Posted by Avaris View Post
Curly, thank you again for doing all these reviews, though you realise its now your mission to keep this thread going until september?
Not another one!
I'll do my best gentlefolk of the thread, I'll do my best. There's still season four, five and retrospectives of one and two to go.
And if those are exhausted, there's always Classic Who isn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by Avaris View Post
Without wanting to reopen the argument that erupted on this thread a while ago, your reviews are reminding me of why I was so disappointed with the season 3 finale. We had 4 of the best episodes in any of the series in the run up to it (Human Nature/Family of Blood/Blink and then arguably Utopia for one moment near the end) so the last two episodes had a lot to live up to. I look forward to reading your next review, especially given your love of Jacobi... believe me, his appearance is worth it, especially if you're going in completly blind.
Yup. Completely blind.
Apart from the fact that season three's finale is something of a base breaker with fans. I will say the quality of the past few episodes really has escalated, and with 'Utopia' already given a ten out of ten before it starts, those last few episodes are looking at a biiiiiiiig legacy.

Spoiler
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
Well, naturally. Have to look at these things calmly and sensibly, in a relaxed setting.
Wartime spirit eg?

Well, not wuite. She's deep because she likes being made sad by looking at old things.
Yeah, on rereading that was a bit garbled. I blame the late night, the headache and writing as I'm watching a tellybox show.

Yeah, it's really neat with the contrast between their normal expressions, which are blank as you say, and another word I would use would be serene, and then the evil angry demonic faces that we see later on when they're attacking.
Nothing like a creepy, creepy contrast between normal Angel and Going To Eat Your Life Angel.

I... don't think I did notice that.
Well, there's another episode I have to rewatch... (Though, I was fairly tempted already, just because it's on the same disc as Human Nature/Family of Blood)
Go on then! You've got a few spare hours to waste, and Doctor Who's never a waste of time.
I tempt you.
Be tempted.

..and somehow I never noticed that either.
You can be scared now.

That's pretty much my reaction. But without the hair pulling.

A commonly made assumption is that the Sally Billy married was in fact Cathy's daughter.
Aaaah, fanon. Anything to get your favourite characters a happy ending.

There was a brilliant Doctor Who Confidential moment at some point of the Angels doing the macarena. SO. WEIRD.
. . .

TO YOUTUBE!

Well, obviously at some point he landed the TARDIS at Wester Drumlins, he and Martha wandered out and got Angeled. This being in the Angels' past, of course, since they're moving through time linearly, just as Sally Sparrow is. Wibbly wobbly, timey-wimey, etc.
Well, yes yes; but that means it's Sally's fault the Doctor saved her or something, and if you get to thinking you tie yourself in knots.

Okay, 'Utopia' has a more than sixty percent chance of going up tonight. Once I've seen all of season three I'll do a full on season retrospective. Best and worst episodes; actors (and a special category for one-off/guest stars); music and so on. Hell, even Best/Worst Writer, although Best is more a fight for second or third place considering my heavy bias.
Hey, if people want they can even throw in suggestions for things for me to decide.
And there will also be a comparison of how season three compares to one and two; plus revised versions of Nine v. Ten, Rose v. Martha, comparing season finales and, for gits and shiggles: Moffat v. Moffat v. Moffat.