View Single Post

Thread: Building a Dalek - A worklog

1. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Building a Dalek - A worklog

I've finished the Special Weapon Dalek!

Worked on the gun, hooray! Unfortunatly pics were taken after it was put in place and painted due to camera malfunction.

The gun is made of card, wraped round to make cylinders. I took the dimentions from a scale drawing I found. The bars on the gun are cocktail sticks that have been cut short. Due to the scale I have minimised the detail on the gun. I may at some point go back and make a second gun slightly more of the correct scale and detail, but for now I'll keep it how it is. Actually the larger length, it's sort of growing on me, and I'd be the first to admit that this is not the most accurate of Dalek Builds - just making do with the materials availible to me.

Spoiler
    Show

All painted and glued together.
    To achieve a slightly murkier bronze on the gun, I mixed some black ink with the gun. Unfortunatly due to the light in these pictures, you can't really see the difference...

The hemis are drawing pins, painted gold and stuck into the skirt section.

Pics of individual painted parts:
    Spoiler
    Show

The completed SWD - In one of the pics, the end of the gun is sagging slightly, this has been fixed for the second pic.

Spoiler
    Show

Phew, that's that one done. I've also been working on the Ironside Dalek - My next update will be concerning that! (Hopefully I won't have to tripple post )
    Last edited by GrlumpTheElder; 2011-06-20 at 09:49 AM.
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...