Quote Originally Posted by bloodtide View Post
1.Putting the character on trial. I guess that sounded like a good idea. But think about it...the character is a heroic adventurer, not just a 'normal citizen'. And is it really fun for an adventurer to sit and role-play a trial? For a massive fighter or full of spells mage to sit back and discuss the finer points of city law? You could just play a lawyer RPG if you wanted to do a courtroom drama.
Um. *Raises hand* Me? I would like this. I mean, I love adventure and high fantasy and sword-and-sorcery and all that, but given the chance for a random courtroom drama, I'm on it like a kitten on catnip.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by shpadoinkle

You know, there's a reason the world isn't full of mass-murdering lunatics. That reason is that everybody wants them dead.
Yeah, pretty much. I had to explain to another player once in an online Vampire game that, while I had no problem with his character being evil, if he continued attacking and violently murdering random passersby in public, my character was going to do his level best to hunt him down and kill him. Not to tell him how to play his character, just... so he wouldn't be surprised when Action A led to Consequence B. He looked at my stats, looked at his stats, grinned, and had his character go on a murder rampage. A week later, the character was dead. *shrugs* Actions have consequences.