1. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Using Spells as Powers; Non-Vancian Spellcasting [3.5]

Quote Originally Posted by Sitzkrieg View Post
    Well, I prefer playing between levels 3-8, but even at level 9 you get a single 9th level spell, and anything too broken (gate) would be nixed. Is that still too powerful?

I'm also more concerned about the balance between the three different sources, if anyone can comment on your impressions on those. Which would you prefer to have if your character had to choose one?
    I would make them get spells like a Wizard, they get them at will so it's pretty powerful already. Maybe powerful enough to make being a warrior a bad choice. 2nd level spells at 3rd, 3rd level spells at 5th, etc.

Also, many high-level spells rely on the user having a high caster level for most of their effects. There's also the issue of saving throws.
    Last edited by Thomar_of_Uointer; 2011-08-01 at 09:17 AM.
    I make games.

"...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw