Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
I've said repeatedly - I'm trying to give people the respect they deserve. What I'm saying is that the respect needs to go both ways, and in most of my interactions with the trans community it doesn't. Much of the LGBT community seems to want to treat me as an enemy simply because of my experience with gender. You're not telling me anything that I haven't had rubbed in my face ever since I could talk. You don't have to tell me that most people think gender is important - I've got an entire world letting me know that I'm a delusional freak for not making it important to me. And frankly I haven't found the supposedly inclusive communities to be much better about that.

Edit: Just saw your edit. Calming down a bit. Sorry...it's a very emotional thing for me as well. Particularly since I have had a lot of people tell me "the only reason you feel the way you do is because you're comfortable with your gender identity" when I've struggled quite a bit with how to manage my own identity in a society that seems intent to force another on me.
Well, that's sadly a problem of the LGBT community in general, you'd really expect there to be more tolerance coming forth from it for it's different subgroups, but sadly there also a lot of intolerance and discrimination in LGBT itself.