Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
I went with Тактического Операции Система Адъютант (Tactical Operations System Adjutant, as far as I can extrapolate from the two or three translators I ran it through). Which gives me TOSA ("toe-sa", not, as a fellow Brit might read, "tosser." Yes, I'm keeping that despite that, because tactical opertaions system adjutant sounds awesome.)
And it also doesn't make sense. Sorry. Nobody will notice, that's for sure, but these words don't form a phrase. Or, at least, you need to make "Tactical" female, to reflect the gender of "System". And "Operations", well, needs to connect to something. If I knew the logic of what you're trying to say... Depending of how you logically connect the English words.
Spoiler
Show

(Tactical <---(Operation <-- System) ) -named-> Adjutant
Тактическая операционная система "Адьютант"

or

(System -of-> (Tactical <-- Operations)) -named-> Adjutant
Система Тактических Операций "Адьютант"

or

System(atic) <-- (Adjutant -of-> (Tactical <-- Operations) )
Системный Адьютант Тактических Операций (sounds like gibberish in both languages IMO, but just as an example)

The problem is, just stacking nouns doesn't work here. In English it sounds ambiguous, but if any way to interconnect the words works, the whole phrase is OK. In Russian it's just word salad without any logic, so you need to know the unrderlying logical connections of the phrase (that exist in the English phrase, but are implied instead of reflected in writing) before translating. And you need to decide, is it in the end an Adjutant or a System? It can't be both, unless you want your plot be centered around the conflict of two facets. Then you've got artistic licence to name it whatever necessary for the plot.

Off-Topic fine: