Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
Be careful though, prolonged contact with the link may lead to Ear Worms.
-(Squeaks)- So flippin' adorably, bouncing nyandonutrainbowfartingponyofawesomeness -(Squeeeeee)-

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
Big:
Spoiler
Show
Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
See, I don't find the ending sad, even with the end of the road' idea. It shows a life well lived, with all dreams fulfilled and all goals accomplished. What more can one pony ask for?
Wow, that is an incredibly sentimental storyline... I love it. I would call this comic strip in it's own way bittersweet... a very lovely storyline with a little twinge at the end, that you know that it ended happily ever after, but that it also ended...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
If you ask anyone ever what the secret to anything ever is, they'll tell you 'practise'. And they're not jerking you around. That's the actual, legitimate secret to everything ever.
Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
Since... 2003?

Good lord, I have 6 years worth of writing to catch up on.
I have eight, so I know what you're talking about!

The past thread or so was not exactly one of our most stunning moments in our history, no, I readily admit that.
Uh-huh. When you get off your 'old-timey' thing, I'll note that I actually had to take typing classes in high school with actual typewriters.
GOL'DANG WHIPPERSNAPPERS! I've been drawing since I was like 5 - over 26 years ago! Now that is practice and dedication! And I had to walk to school both ways, up hill, through iceburgs, fighting off wooley mammoths! With spears! And I learned to type on a rock!

Or at least something that had the computing power of your average rock these days. >.>

Seriously, though, I remember the typewriter I used to own. Dang keys kept getting stuck, but I loved that thing none the less. I did learn typing on an old old old OLD old old green screen computer, I will admit, but I think the typewriter I had actually had more ram than the computer did.

But yeah, just keep on working, and don't judge yourself by other people's rulers, because you'll always wind up feeling an inch tall. Take your successes as you get them, and if you look back and say 'God, that was crap.' Rejoice, you're improving!

However, if you look back and say that it's absolutely wonderful, I have to ask - what is wrong with you, and what race of alien are you, because not even the great masters of art were like that. They were probably some of the most psychotic self-loathing bastards you could come across.

So, yeah, practice practice practice, nose to the grind stone, butt in a kicking contest, all that fun stuff.