1. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Exalted] Instinct Twisting Parasite Infliction

Quote Originally Posted by jjpickar View Post
    Pretty cool and very thematic. Honestly, I'm not too familiar with how powerful Lunars are supposed to be but the cost seems way too prohibitive. Ditch the Willpower and Health level cost for sure and I'd even consider getting rid of the mote commitment, especially if the lunar chooses not to change the compulsion. Its a fairly low level mind control charm by exalted standards (don't get me started on the Far Folk ). It only has one target, doesn't permit complete control and has quite a few levels of detection. Its strengths are its duration and range but it seems too complicated to use often.
    See, I feel the ability to inflict 4 willpowers worth of spending on someone every day, for as long as you keep committed, with no roll to resist, is really quite powerful, and thus the cost is appropriate. Compare it to Hypnotic Tongue Technique and its expansion, Mind Yields to Glory. 10m 1wp to make people spend 1wp a day for a number of days or with expansion, a month. Which is why I worry my charm is overpowered. It's more simplistic, but hits harder, and can last indefinitely.

Also, much of the cost fits thematically as well as mechanically — the heallth level is for the fact that it is a part of you that's detaching, and the mote commitment for the fact that you're sustaining this reactive being within someone over a long term. And arguably, the willpower too, as it's a function of your will that you're imparting, that they should do X.
    Last edited by Draxar; 2011-08-30 at 12:15 PM.