Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
I did go into a brief discussion of the Marshal under Multiclassing. Basically, it depends on just how good your CHA is, how desperate you are for bonuses, and what, if anything, you're giving up by losing a level of Truenamer progression. If you do decide to dip into Marshal, remember that you get armor proficiency out of it, and utterances don't have ASF or anything like that.

As for gestalt, that's a thorny subject, since I've never actually played a gestalt game, Truenamer or no Truenamer. My thought is that Truenamer is a very attention-demanding class (definitely the "active" side of the gestalt), so you'd definitely need to pair it with a nice passive class that won't demand too many actions. It's a toss-up as to whether you want to spend more than a level or two directly improving your Truespeak check . . . as I've shown, it's entirely possible to get your Truespeak check up to where you want it with just Truenamer 20 . . . there's just an opportunity cost for doing so. Whether that opportunity cost stays equally worth it in gestalt really depends on what you're trying to do. My gut says that it might be more worthwhile to just use standard Truenamer tricks and not interrupt your other side's progression with Marshal dips here and Exemplar dips there, but I freely admit that I have not yet delved into the specifics of the subject. I guess it depends on whether you want gestalt to make you a "Truenamer-plus" . . . or a "Truenamer, plus something else," if you catch the distinction. Off the cuff, I'd say that Factotum, Incarnate, Warlock, and Artificer would be good pairings.
Actually I could see potential on the passive side.

1) A lot of utterances are very nice out of combat and utility. You can heal, remove status effects,and fix items. If you focus on this stuff you are using your truenamer abilities as a tool box rather than muscle which will help you not have to go as insane in the truespeack optimization.

2) Quickended utterances- If you do take the time to improve your true speak then you can use quicken at high levels and so any of your utterances can be used as a swift action. If your class does not use swift actions much then you can get some lileage from that.

It isn't wizard but it has some nice stuff in it.

Factotum has some nice stuff but unless you have a lot of different combat utterances that you can use in the same round (or your DM allows the different DC's trick) then the law of sequence will limit your potential.