1. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Well guess should have clarified looking for the most optimised "Truenamer plus" gestalt build. I'll give my opinion on Warlock, Artificer, and Factotum. I haven't played the Incarnum classes enough to speak definitively other than adding a "something else" the character.

Warlock:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Warlock adds skills not on the Truenamers list. Also takes care of the damage side with the eldritch blast. Decieve Item helps if focusing on the Use Magic Device. If doing that then the Charisma mod should be good so can pick up invocations that have saves. The Fiendish Resilience, Damage Reduction, and Energy Resistance helps with survivalability plus negating the need for picking some utterances directed at self leaving them to be used on others if picked. Some invocations duplicate several effects as some utterances so can choose other utterances. Same could be said for DFA.

Artificer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Main part helping a Truenamer is crafting Amulet of Silver Tongue. The other part is enhancing Use Magic Device. Otherwise it is mostly a "something else" type character through crafting. Has synergy with the Truenamer by also focusing on Intelligence.

Factotum:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now we have a class that just makes anything better. Brains over Brawns helps with Str and Dex checks since may have dumped them. Now the crown jewel is Cunning Knowledge. A 1/day/skill spend 1 inspiration point to gain your FACTOTUM LEVEL AS A BONUS ON THE SKILL CHECK. So with this a gestalt Truenamer 20//Factotum 20 can gain a +20 on one Truespeak skill check that day. Great for when you need the utterance to work that day. Not to mention several other abilities that can do similar things as some utterances. Oh did I forget to mention Factotums have EVERY skill as a class skill.

Here is what I have so far as for an highly optimised a "Truenamer plus" gestalt build.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lets start with an Illumian with Naen for Int checks as one of the Power Sigils. The other could be either Hoon or Krau. Hoon helps with Constitution and Wisdom checks including skill checks. Krau adds a +1 CL on spell and SLAs. Level 2 increases this to +2 and Enhanced Power Sigil can increase this to +3 or +4. Only Naenhoon is somewhat useful if a divine caster or say Factotum which does get Turn Undead. Add feats such as Heroic Destiny for a +1d6 on one d20 roll/day. So Truenamer 20//Marshal 1/Factotum 8/Chameleon 10 or Exemplar 10. The last level can be anything really. Doing this can see having starting off with 18 Int and 18 Cha with Wish upto +5 on Int and tomes +5 Int and level ups +5 and Ring of Magnificence +6 to all stats:

23 ranks+Int 14+enhanced sigils 4?+ Skill Focus 3+Minor Aura 7+ 4 if Exemplar and +1-3 to Int mod if Chameleon+ Greater Amulet of Silvertongue 10+ Masterwork Item 2+ Paragnostic Assembly 10= static Truespeak modifer of 80 if Truenamer 20//Maeshal 1/Factotum 8/ Chameleon 10/ Exemplar 1. Can burst it upto 119 if you use Heroic Destiny, Guidance of the Avatar, Cunning Knowledge, and Universal Aptitude. Didn't even include Item Familiar since not sure how that works. So so far on a gestalt character with the highest optimisation could see having a static 80 modifer on Truespeak.

Is a static Truespeak mod of 80 with able to burst upto 119 the highest it can go? Is my math right?

Edit: Yes I know this is unrealistic, but wanted to see the cap of the ability.
    Last edited by TurtleKing; 2011-09-11 at 04:07 PM.