Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
For line thickness, I personally draw in 2000x2000+ px and 2.6 sized pen for my linework. I've got no information if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I think a bigger problem with your linework is that it's not particularly smooth, you can still see wobbles and overruns with it. Draw from the elbow, it makes lines so much smoother.

That said, that book fort? Pretty cool.
What program are you working with? Because I'm curious to see what kind of units that 2.6 stands for. I've been working on A4 size at 300 ppi resolution, which I then save for here at 72 to make it easier to view.

Totally right though, my lineart is in no way smooth by any stretch of the imagination. Drawing from the elbow sounds interesting, if not a bit tiring. Do you mean like use my elbow as a pivot for my forearm and just keep my hand steady as it moves?

Bookfort was pretty fun, this might be a good benchmark drawing to come back to.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

XD
YES, that is what I was trying to say.

Better hope your DM doesn't care about arts & crafts, or decide to randomly check Capt. Ido Nos most recent posts. This here? This is a neon sign saying you're premeditating stuff for his campaign .
Haha, I'm glad I followed you! I think... well if he ever decides to read my specific stuff I'm hosed of course, but I feel like I'm pretty safe down here in the A&C boards? Fingers crossed of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeyan View Post
Book fort is well done, though a ruler (placed on your tablet surface if your painting package didn't have that tool) would have made it even better.

Frankly, at this stage, line thickness is not a key issue. But remember that line - quality and weight - is an element of design just as important as color or shape. The line on the man's portrait draws my attention to where I shouldn't be looking.
Derp, I ALWAYS forget that I'm allowed to use a straight edge when I'm drawing straight edges =S

Well that's a bit of a relief still about the line weight. I'll keep playing around with it as the mood hits I suppose. The man's portrait... man you wouldn't believe as how many more lines I DIDN'T put in. I just kept wanting to draw out every little detail I saw... apparently... even less next time, got it!

And I know that it wasn't directed at me specifically, but I really did like that little comic on perspective that you posted in Thanqol's drawthread. Very informative! It's in my saved box now.

Hey Ido, I thought you were going to post earlier today? What gives? Whatever were you doin-

Day 18 - 1.8
Spoiler
Show

... ah, I see then.

Time spent: 25 minutes.
Tunes: Minecraft Song

Sometimes, no matter what I'm trying to draw, I get another idea that's even stronger, so I just gotta roll with it.