Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Spoiler
Show
Hey, I just read that by this weeks episode (the one with Craig and the Cybermen), 200 years will have passed for the Doctor since he left Amy and Rory back on earth.

So the Doctor is now as old as he's supposed to be when he "dies". I wonder if maybe this is a writers' joke about the fan disagreement over his age. Various offhand comments in the old series suggested that his age should be a couple centuries older than he has been giving it in the new series. Well, now it is.

I also wonder if they'll ever touch upon what he's been up to in the intervening years. We saw a few clips back in the first episode this season (gets painted nude by a nobleman's wife and escapes prison, fights during World War 2, cameos in a Laurel and Hardy film), and I imagine we can expect novels and things set during this period, since it seems too good an idea to pass up.
Spoiler
Show
It was the Doctor that was killed at the Lake. It could not have been a ganger or the Tessalacsomething because he actually talked to River about future events and people, such as Jim the Fish (still building his dam). I doubt the Doctor could just lie about the shared adventures without tripping himself up. I suspect the main point of the finale would be the Doctor (or his companions) changing a fixed point in time (the doctors death) especially as the small people considered it a fixed point.

Minor issue with a previous episode is that the small people stopped with Hitler because it was too early in his timestream to give him Hell (they go after criminals at the end of their lifecycle.) but had no problem with a newly regenerated River Song.