View Single Post

Thread: [PF] The Gunslinger's Handbook

1. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [PF] The Gunslinger's Handbook

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Fine by me and thanks a bunch. Still struggling monetarily in RL, so that kinda takes precedent at the moment. Especially on the multiclassing bit, as I'm not entirely familiar with all the APG classes, anything coming out of Ultimate Magic or keeping track of what Archetypes do what and/or are available. So getting any assistance on that front is well appreciated.
    After all the digging around I did trying to optimize the Gundolon (and Algunist), I figured I had a good handle on things.
    Still probably missed something though.

Quote Originally Posted by Exelbirth View Post
    You know, my DM mentioned the lack of prestige classes, and entertained the idea of a modified Arcane Archer to allow gun usage instead of bow.
    Summoners have no Prestige options as well.
    The best option there is to homebrew something along the lines of "if you would gain '+1 level of arcane casting' you can instead have '+1 level for purposes of Eidolon stats/abilities/Evo. points'".

Going strictly by (current) RAW, Gunslingers are boned.
    Going by 'reasonable interpretation', most things that work with a CROSSbow should also work with a Firearm.
    I specify crossbow, and not bows, because... well, lets do this:

Firearm: Simple point and 'click' interface, easy to fire one-handed.
    Crossbow: Simple point and 'click' interface, easy to fire one-handed.
    Bow: Both arms must work together to aim and shoot, difficult, if not impossible, to use one-handed.

I can see a re-fluffed Arcane Archer working with Firearms, but as-is it is VERY set on the flavor of bow/arrow.
    Last edited by grarrrg; 2011-09-22 at 06:58 PM.