Quote Originally Posted by Xapi View Post
Yeah, I don't think that is right.

Yes, you gave an example of a time where their treasure was reduced to an appropiate level in terms of the challenge they faced (IE: The treasure was Mama Dragon sized, but they faced Baby Dragon instead).

I don't think the whole OotS world is constantly cutting down the wealth of characters to keep them in their WBL. Specially when a given character has a "sidequest" taht requires her to amass such a big amount of cash.

Perhaps if she were to actually pay the old ransom fee (now expired, of course) she would put herself back in her WBL.

But it is safe to say that she has an unnatural amount of cash for her level (or any level really, as any D&D character would usually buy equipment with their money).
She lost most of her treasure in the explosion, and she has not had much opportunity to gain wealth disproportionate to her level. She could have been looting Azure City, but that is counterbalanced by the premiums she had to pay for consumables smuggled into the city. I wouldn't be surprised if she had more wealth than WBL would suggest, but I doubt she has reached the freakishly high level of wealth she (and the rest of the party) had before the inn was destroyed.