Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
Yeah, My stats are 41 Dangerous(+6 in equip), 44 Watchful(+2 in equip), 16 Persuasive(+1), 16 Shadowy(+1). I haven't touched Persuasive or shadowy in a long time.

Had an awesome opportunity card last night, it advanced my "Mysterious benefactor" from 6 to 8, and upped 2 or 3 of my qualities, upped 4 different connections, and gave me 500 Rostygold! I was like "hell yeah!". How far does the Mysterious benefactor stuff go? It's by far the most interesting storylet I've come across thus far, I'm always looking forward to seeing another card pop up.

So, I didn't realize that any card highlighted in yellow in your inventory meant you could click on it. What does the Whispered Secrets/Cryptic Clues/Appalling Secrets do? I also have some bottle of wine, Greyfields 1868 first sporing, that's highlighted in yellow. I don't want to click on them and possibly waste something that's sellable, so I was wondering if anyone here could tell me what they do?
Whispered Secrets can be converted into a smaller number of Cryptic Clues, Cryptic Clues can be converted into a smaller number of Appalling Secrets. It's a better trade than selling Whispered Secrets to buy Clues would be, but worse if you just want to sell the Clues for money anyway. Appalling Secrets can be sacrificed in large numbers to reduce Nightmares, or turned into some kind of book item that I'm not sure of. Greyfields First Sporing can be drunk, reducing Nightmares by a fair bit.