Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I enjoy the cool conpet of this class but, I have to admit that it confuses the heck out of me. I thought at first ' oh cool a way to mae a weapon+sheidl user worthwhile' but then i read teh abilities and to me at leats its like a paladin whos diety is his sheild or a Diety of Shields? so for me it has this uncomfrtable attachment to divine from a mostly pureley martial skeleton,
It's a warrior whose life is being interfered with without his knowledge or will by a god who channels divine power through the warrior's shield.

Unlike a cleric or a paladin, this class has no religious overtones. The god literally is just bored, he doesn't require any worshipping.

i think with that for me atleast it fits better as a 10-level prestige class. meant for more defnsive minded paladins. or melee/cleric hybrids?
The problem with that is that clerics and paladins draw divine power from other gods, and while Aegis would gladly interfere in random warrior's lives, he's not going to cross another god's territory. Plus, condensing all these class features into a 10 level class would A) be very difficult and B) it wouldn't fix shield-based fighting from level 1, which was the original goal of the class, fluff be damned. (The fluff came later)

It is probably my own preferences here saying the above, so I apologize for that.

you have soem pretty cool idea neo seraphi :)
No, it's no problem, and thanks for the compliment, but as the divine aspect of the class is so small, you could easily just remove the Shield of Vitality abilities (and have a few dead levels in the class) and change Divine Aegis to something more mundane, and you'd have a class that makes more sense fluff-wise (that way you don't have to make it a prestige class or limit it to divine casters, who wouldn't take the class anyway because of lost caster levels)