Table of Contents

Post 1 Introduction

Post 2 Bone-Knit Creatures

Post 3 Bone-Knitters: Lesser and Greater

Post 4 Bone-Knit Grafts?

Post 5 Reserved for further fluff/miscellany

Post 6 Reserved just in case

Foreword

So, a bit ago, I was down on the D&D 3e/3.5e/d20 subforum and saw a thread asking about what kinds of funky things one could do to customize one's skeletons, having once had ideas of defunkitated skeletons with additional arms melded into their forms or miscellaneous unmentionables laced into their claws to make them more vicious, I went in to inform the OP that basically the only option was the corpse-crafter line of feats, which didn't really do anything to physically change them so much as make them a bit tougher in the numbers department of suicide bombers (which is kinda nifty, I must admit, but something most people want to avoid as players for anything they cared about).

This reminded me of an earlier, abandoned interest in grafts, so I started poking around with some ideas for a sort of lesser grafting system I took to calling fleshweaving, which was mostly concerned with gross physical changes, like turning a pair of hands into a pair of clawed hands or adding an extra pair of arms or sticking on some zergling/praying mantis/hooked horror claw-limbs or a pair of wings.

I'm still working on that a bit, but decided that I should probably start playing around with a creature that uses such things in order to help things crystallize in my mind, and, well, since it was necromancers twisting their undead minions' forms to suit their whims that got me started, I figured I'd make a creature that not only had that as its shtick, but also was a product of its own craft.

And since I was making a creature that did it as its shtick, but I hadn't really fleshed out the subsystem, I decided to play around with a template or templates that would reflect this kind of specialized/advanced form of fleshweaving which, since it was concerned with undead, I took to calling bone-knitting after recalling something or other about the process of broken bones mending being referred to as the bones being knit back together.

Being as this is mostly being done to help my conceptualization of an over-arching project, this stuff is liable to be subject to change.

Introduction:
~~~~~~~~ Fluff Starts Here ~~~~~~~~