1. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by goose1009 View Post
    Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I dont see anywhere else that would be more fitting. So here we go.

We have a guy at work who tried to leave work early (we're military) to go home and watch My Little Pony. And hes getting ridiculed endlessly for it. Now, i dont know what the big deal with this show is. I have a 6 year old daughter and shes grown out of her Pony watching days so I havent seen any of the new series.

What about this new show is so endearing to adult males? Im curious and am by no means talking down about it. We all love what we love and that works for us. All part of being a geek, i just want to know what the big deal is.

I really appreciate anybody who is able to shed some light on this for me. Thank you.

Goose
    I can only speak for myself, but I find there is a lot to like about it (and I certainly didn't expect to like it at first). The animation is good (unlike what little I have seen in screenshots of earlier generations), the stories are good and not at all "childish", the jokes are often genuinely funny. Also, there are no humans. It certainly isn't for everybody, though, but if you can look past traditional "macho" stereotyping you might find it as good as I did. To quote myself, "Why should happiness, friendship, and fun only be for children?"
    I quoted myself. I feel dirty.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-10-24 at 10:36 AM.