Quote Originally Posted by slaydemons View Post
I am not really experienced to this balancing thing, but I really liked the class so I thought I would point out something I thought was a bit off. I have noticed prepared casters tend to gain their next level spells faster but have less of them while this guy seems to prepare his spells and has the spell progression of a sorcerer?

Is he the type to gain them spontaneously, or does he prepare them ahead of time, if its the prepare type I assume its the limited spell list which you haven't made yet that makes him have increased spell capacity.
Indeed, it is as I highlighted above. However, the ‘limited’ part is turning out to be not so much. I’ve been pouring over my books (I don’t have the Spell Compendium ) and just picking out anything of the Necromantic and Conjuration (Healing) and it’s quite a list.

The main problem is a lot of the better Necromancy spells are arcane. I’m thinking I’m just going to slap those on the spell list anyway, and see how it all gages out.

Also, still gotta do something about that cohort. It isn't where I want it quite yet. Shadow and Storm elementals seem just flat out better than the core four, but it strikes me as bland to have only the four. Maybe I should go back to giving it an upgrade at 16th level.

Oh, and thanks for liking the class. It can be hard to tell if its liked or not when noone posts. Not that I demand posting, it is still in the WIP stage, not PEACH (If I recall what that is correctly ).