1. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Definitive Guide to the Tippyverse, By Emperor Tippy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    Well it's not so much a government limit as it is that no one else can really afford the initial expenditure/has access to the needed spells.

If you don't allow Solar Abuse traps (and I recommend against them) then creating a Coin factory is hideously expensive and takes a very long time. It's rare enough that the government doesn't even have to bother to regulate it (especially as most everyone who could create one is already a part of the governments ruling body).
    I meant that they don't have to keep the trap running 24/7. They could keep it running at a reduced rate (activate it once every 5 minutes, for example), or just turn it off to change the rate of inflation (in case of some sudden change in the general scheme of things that adds a lot of money to the system, such as a breakthrough that allows the hostile takeover of another city, or a partial invasion by another city that reduces the population and therefore increases the amount of money per person).
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-11-09 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew