Quote Originally Posted by Silviya View Post
Two main pictures I'd like to comment on:

Day 192: I like the lighting and expression on this one, as well as the colors. The reds, oranges, and yellows contrast nicely with the grays and blacks of everything else. My main point of criticism for this one is the shape of the head--it's too round. The eyes should be about halfway up the head, and they're at least two thirds of the way up in this picture. Basically, he needs to have a bigger forehead.
*Nod nod* Fair point.

Day 194a: Thrones and other complex, angular objects like that are hard. With this sort of thing, you basically half to use some sort of straightedge to make the lines perfectly straight, and it helps to measure things. You really have to think about perspective, foreshortening, and how the angles intersect and interact with each other to make it look right.
I started off using a straight line tool and then I deliberately opted against it so that I could practise pencil lines and textures. I'll remember this advice for next time I do something like this!

Also, you're less than a week away from day 200 . Keep up the good work!
I know, and the contrast between today and Day 100 is profound. I'm so glad I'm doing this.