Quote Originally Posted by ShadowySilence View Post
I haven't popped in here for a while, hello again everyone!

Special cupcakes?

I have been trying to improve my vectoring skills through Inkscape (I am too cheap to buy anything ), and I ended up working on a picture of an OC I thought up a while back.

Maxwell Hyden (OC):
Spoiler
Show

The three things I am having trouble with mainly are the colors (I feel like I can never get colors correct), the lack of textures (I always have trouble giving textured appearances), and the pants/feet.
I don't know much about colors or textures yet, but if you're shooting for a "fuller" feel with the body, my main suggestion would be to try and block it out with geometric shapes (like spheres and cylinders) first, to get a feel for where the mass should be.

Sorry I can't be more help :/

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
@Geno9999: Haha, that's pretty neat!

Alright, I finished it. I didn't shade it as much as I was planning to, but honestly, I think this looks better. I added a few details, darkened the inside of the cape, and cleaned up a few odd looking lines. Overall, I'm happy leaving it like this.

Spoiler
Show

'fraid I don't have anything constructive to add to anyone else's pics. Sorry :/
I like it! The one nitpick is that usually in the show, the irises are set so that they touch a corner of the eye, rather than just floating in space. Otherwise, I think it's a very cool crossover!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
Some discussion (and the beginnings of a fusion fic) on another forum prompted me to try and draw this scene.

Spoiler
Show

Just a sketchity sketch at the moment. I'd like to ask you if you can see more ways in which I butchered perspective and anatomy here than I can see. (I can see none, which I know to be objectively false)

Also, Rainbow Dash seems to be the most prominent character in my drawings as of late. I'm not sure how to react to that... is it a good thing or a bad thing?
My main thoughts are that RD's front (stage)-right leg curves out a little too much at the bottom. Also, I can't figure out how Scoots is supposed to be laying; but maybe my brain just isn't deciphering the body lines properly. Other than that, I love this pic and the idea behind it, and if I had any money I would give it to you to make more!

And now for my own doodles! I've been drawing some Canterlot Royal guards to try and figure out something about pony armor, so here goes:
Spoiler
Show