Quote Originally Posted by Rapidghoul View Post
I really like the rework of favored enemy. I might incorporate it into my campaigns if anyone talks about going ranger. I think the combat style part is... interesting... if difficult to read. I think straight out making a list like "Combat Expertise, Improved Unarmed Strike, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting" or the like would make things much easier to read and understand.
The basic idea is "anything that requires DEX, or a DEX-based skill, or a DEX-based attack method, or leads to a lot of DEX-based feats", but here's a list of the Core feats that are valid roots, and what feats may be taken associated with each root (leaving out those where there's a strictly better option). New feats from my fighter fix, and those extremely changed, are in bold (I've also added a few to what I previously had because I realized that they weren't included and should be), and the options in italics don't have a full 3 feats, so some go to waste. Note that even if the feats associated with one root are all associated with another root, it's sometimes worth taking the "smaller" root so that you can skip the root feat (if you don't care for the feat but do want the things it's a prerequisite for):

Combat Reflexes: Combat Reflexes, Improved Parry
Dodge: Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, Shot on the Run, Improved Dodge, Improved Mobility
Mobility: Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, Shot on the Run, Improved Mobility
Spring Attack: Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack
Improved Unarmed Strike: Improved Unarmed Strike, Deflect Arrows, Improved Grapple, Snatch Arrows, Stunning Fist, Greater Grapple
Improved Grapple: Improved Grapple, Greater Grapple
Mounted Combat: Mounted Combat, Mounted Archery, Ride-by Attack, Spirited Charge, Trample
Ride-by Attack: Ride-by Attack, Spirited Charge
Point Blank Shot: Point Blank Shot, Far Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Manyshot, Shot on the Run, Improved Precise Shot, Deadly Aim, Improved Deadly Aim
Precise Shot: Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot
Rapid Shot: Rapid Shot, Manyshot
Deadly Aim: Deadly Aim, Improved Deadly Aim
Two-Weapon Fighting (without the fighter fix): Two-weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Defense, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting
Two-Weapon Fighting (with the fighter fix): Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Defense, Two-Weapon Pin, Two-Weapon Trap
Two-Weapon Pin: Two-Weapon Pin, Two-Weapon Trap
Weapon Finesse: Weapon Finesse, Rapid Attack

I like this idea. Kind of like how Scout works, but in a possibly decent class. Blind-fight is good and all, but something like scent would add to Track's usefulness.
But that's not how humanoids work. If you want to track scents, you'll have to get an animal companion with the Scent ability (probably a dog).