Quote Originally Posted by zlefin View Post
i'll see what i can come up with; since I had the same problem with my thread.
Though it would be easier if people coudl jhust come together on a unified fixing casters solution rather than everyone's own solution.

Anyways, as for sorceror domains; i'd either go by the descriptor tags; or go by cleric domains for determining their themes. Nearly any descriptor tag would work; and many domains would probably work as a conceptual basis.

The system can certainly work; the amount of discretion in the system means that the DM has a lot of control over balance, so it's up to how well your players can talk you into things.

as to wizards; i'd say limitng by schools of magic won't work so well. other threads have looked at that issue, and some schools are just sooo much better than others. a google search will find them.
Again, I'm not concerned with limiting the power of Wizards or balancing the game or anything of the sort. I also don't care if every wizard ends up taking the same four schools. I mostly want to limit the scope of wizards, so that they have to choose which things they want to do.