Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
it was a bloody bandit who probably jumped the party going "give me gold or I cut you".
That's a good point, Morithias. I wonder what the bandits backstory was? Was he truly worthy of such a vulgar display of vengeance? Was the bandit simply a boy/girl who ran away from home a little too soon and got caught up in the wrong crowd, or was the bandit a murderous, vile monster who's been given every possible chance to reform and yet refuses to behave within the acceptable confines of structured society?

Was he plagued with poverty and merely doing the only thing he could do to provide for his family? Or was he a mean little bully who got off on destroying other people's lives?

NG (good above all else)= Putting the heads of vicious marauders on pikes as a warning to those who rape and pillage in your kingdom.

LE (tyranny) = Putting the bodies of slain enemy soldiers of lands you have conquered on pikes as a way to inspire fear in all who oppose your army.

LN (the law above all else) = Hosting a fair and impartial trial to determine the guilt of an accused offender, then determining a sentence based on established law and/or precedence, and following through with that sentence without consideration for repentance or a reprieve, even if that punishment involves displaying your corpse in public as a warning.

All three alignments are capable of producing similar results. The difference is in the reason or method that resulted in the act.