Quote Originally Posted by Bakuel View Post
Well, maybe Dash is Superman and Ponyville is filled with Lois Lanes.
Well, on the other hand Mare-do-Well managed it quite nicely. I guess the mech designs are still dead giveaways, but one could always say it's just a, heh, "mare coincidence".

I guess I was getting a bit too greedy with the comic there...
Will there be a transformation sequence? So everyone can image the theme as a cheesy nineties rock song?

Actually, I wonder if that remix has been done...
No idea on the remix, but yes, I was hoping to at least do the transformation sequence, and the combination sequence. It's a pretty ambitious goal as far as my art skills go, since I haven't even done a single comic strip yet, a few unfinished dabblings disregarded.

The water/thrust movement looks very good and I like how you hinted at the reflection in the water.
I think the perspective problem is do to the angle of the shadow makes the viewer image the horizon line would be a bit lower then it is.
I don't think the details are that too overpowering, since your art is heavy on the details the mech still stands out nicely. The thrust really adds to the momentum of the figure. Besides the horizon line, it looks great to me!
Yeah, I completely lost track of the perspective there. The problem with drawing single characters, for me, is that I tend to use an odd kind of zero-point perspective, and very odd angles creep up sometimes. I actually had to move and rotate that shadow so that it didn't look that RD was about to fly her mech into the ground. (Not that she isn't likely to, but still) It just wasn't drawn with a scene in mind.

These look great! And the duck is very good, it's bill is done nicely. Bird bills can be pretty darn tricky.

You should draw ducks more often!
Spoiler
Show
I'm just kidding on the request, but I honestly always had trouble with realistic-ish bird bills.
Great, at least now I know I can draw a good duck.
I wonder if the reaction face is a bit too silly though. It's mainly there for humor value.

But onward to the mech itself, the design and pose looks cute, the exact opposite of what you would a mech to behave. I like it. And the Fluttershy pony ranger design is too... Cute... Like diabetes inducing. But in a good way.
Hours of research into adorableness have paid off. Seriously, I needed to recall just about every pic I've seen called "adorable" and apply the extracted knowledge here. The only reason the mech doesn't have socks and a juice pack is because... well, it'd be plain silly. In a good way, but still, not what I'm going for here.

My only negative that I have to comment on is prospective on the lake and the road in the second image.
When you compare the road and the lake to each other it seems weird. The road begins in the bottom of the image and becomes flatter/smaller the closer it moves back in the perspective underneath Mercy and back. While the lake doesn't seem to share it's perspective and horizon line. It should become flatter at the same line. Bodies of water are pretty flat and slaves to the horizon line, being water and all, if a pond or lake forms in a landscape, it's probably the most flat thing there. but it seems like it's going up a hill slightly when you compare it too the road.
Looking at it I get the feeling you didn't set up a horizon line and a vanishing point. It's elementary and mathematical, but landscapes with backgrounds and foregrounds need this to work. The only reason why I'm going on like this is it seems like one of those small things which may come back to haunt you as you finish up the drawing, so I want to bring it to your attention, even if you decide to ignore it and keep going. Also I just woke up and I blabber when I do it.
See, this kind of thing is exactly why I want feedback on stuff I draw. With how I tend to pay attention to tiny details, I somehow manage to miss the "big picture" things, like consistent perspective. It's just that I again based the whole thing around the centerpiece rather than make a background and draw the character in like it's usually done. I'll try to correct it, thanks.