Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
Ohhh-hhh, you haven't heard the half of it. I'm an English major. Every artist is seeking deeper meaning. Even made-up poets who's secret authors came out and admitted they were trolling poetry critics get treated with deathly seriousness about the deeper meaning that secretly inspired their actions. And there's no way to produce an 'inferior' work because everything has a secret meaning.
Oooh one of my favourite quotes is about this
'An english major reads a sentence of a book, and reads the phrase 'blue curtains'. He proclaims "Ah, the blue represents the main character's depression and loneliness."
A writer writes the phrase 'blue curtains'. He means "The curtains are ------- blue, alright?"'

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
On art - as in philosphy - I am a terrible, terrible peasant, because I have an engineer's mindset and thus no patience for all the pretentious mumbo-jumbo that has a tendancy to surround such things. (And in the latter case, being a space-Lich necromancer, all the big questions become somewhat moot, when people say "who knows what happens after death" and you can go "I do" and then give them a highly detailed explanation, with coloured diagrams and a field trip1).
Oh god I laughed so much. I love you soooo much. xD
So much I'm CONSIDERING not casting that spell on Hope. But you are mean to her... it's a quandary!

Hey, ponythread. What's funnier?
A) Watching Aotrs release his impotent homicidal rage on his assistant?
B) Watching Aorts not be able to attack his assistant and stew in rage?