1. - Top - End - #401
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    Quick PEACH!
    Yay!

Spoiler
    Show
    Aura of Dread is very nice. You should give an example character's bonuses, just for clarity's sake.
    Gotcha.

Inspire Terror should probably have a minimum uses per day (Say, X+CHA mod) where X increases with levels. Twice CHA mod scales in an odd fashion. Inspire Focus has the odd effect of "turning off" your marshal abilities.
    Yeah, that's probably for the best.

I'd recommend tweaking the wording so the Dread Commander can still rally his troops.
    Done.

Inspire Eternal Servitude is a silly capstone. I like it, but you should mention limitations on how allies can be raised, how many HPs they come back with, etc.
    I forgot about the loss of the Con score. Will rectify.

Armored Mage is a solid class feature, if a little "bland." You should mention if it works on shields or not.
    Shields are now mentioned.

Choke out the Weakness is incredibly silly. Most of those effects make sense to remove, but prone caught my eye. As is, trading attacks for removing debuffs is amazing. You should mention if there is any limitation on uses per day or what not.
    I was hoping the fact that you're punching your friends back into fighting order would be a limiter enough to avoid uses per day and such things. Maybe it would be more balanced it the Dread Commander did lethal damage instead.

Arcana of War is interesting. I know Races of Stone has a feat that circumvents needing to cast defensively so long as you have a shield. This class feature just ignores the shield (and the damage, kind of) and casts away. Not bad.
    Yeah, I felt the Hexblade's casting was gimped enough being half-caster and all, and what with it being in the front lines, didn't think being forced to make Concentration checks all the time was fair.

Harbour no Traitor is basically +yes to Sense Motive. The flanking immunity bit is odd, but I like it. Maybe require the "know all lies" bit to be against targets affected by the aura?
    The sticky problem is that the aura only affects allies, and the Dread Commander wouldn't think of someone as an ally if they thought they were being lied to. Or it could only affect people the Dread Commander though were their friend, or I could just make it simple and just say "no lies". Mainly because i've confused myself a bit.

Greater Aura of Dread is nice for the increased range. The debuff seems a bit too situational, mainly because Hexblade spells are going to have a fairly low save DC.
    More of a DC increase? A different, more relevant effect?

Terrifying Entity makes me want to grab the Goad feat to force people to attack me. On that note, maybe throw in a penalty to attack the Dread Commander even if they succeed or in the odd case where there are no other targets.
    That is an awesome idea, and i'm adding it in.

Thanks a bunch for the PEACH, btw!
    Last edited by TheGeckoKing; 2012-01-18 at 04:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvie by araveugnitsuga
    3DS Friend Code - 4098-2424-2486