Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
Winguardia smiles at Rhyan as the other woman takes her hand. “Thank you.” She replies to the kind gesture.

“In answer to your questions, Rhyan and Mayhala, as long as neither of you is undead nor a magically created being, you would fit the Council’s definition. Undead are still viewed as the enemies of all life in my world because of the plague that ended the First Creation. So, Sevet and Alysha and even I do not particularly fall under the Council’s protection.

As Sevet points out, reporting any hostile actions he takes will be the problem. It is not impossible. It would merely take a human messenger willing to carry proof back to the council.

The ideal situation would be to convince him to live happily ever after here in the Nexus. There are many things that would entice him toward that option. He would be free of the Council’s oppression, he would have the opportunity to gain respect and wealth, he would not have to face me in combat, he may even be able to find friends. Our kind have difficulty making friends because we know that all other species in our world live very short lifespans compared to ours. Finally, it would be several centuries before the Council would start looking for him, and by then the trail will have gone cold. He can disappear here without a trace. Disappearing here is certainly my plan.” It looks like one of Sevet's ideas was made of super-glue.

She conspicuously does not touch the topic of killing Brian. She’ll have to be pressed to address that
Mayhala takes Siri's avoidance of the subject as 'don't kill him unless necessary to protect one of us', which is probably the best the winged woman is going to get.

"What does the Council count as a 'magically created creature', though? Certainly, no blood mage formed me, or anything of the sort, but the personality that is me could only have been created through magical means, because without them, I wouldn't have lived anywhere near as long as I have - and even if I had, the gesalt identity wouldn't have ever existed, so my experiences would have been different."