View Single Post

Thread: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

1. - Top - End - #594
    Banned

Default Re: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    So what do you get when you cross SiuiS' excellent robo-anatomy study with a PbP god game that didn't quite get off the ground?

Sketches apparently...
    Spoiler
    Show

Deus Est Machina
    Neat!

Also, god game?

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Did some browsing. AWKWARD.

I have 4 shortcut keys. One is already set to undo. What else should I have? There's also a scroll/zoom wheel built in.

You're not really selling it here, yknow?
    I'm with you. You have to entirely UNLEARN HOW TO DRAW and then give it a go. Thanqol had it easy; he didn't have a firmly entrenched skill before migrating to a tablet. For you and I, though...

I will be honest. My level of skill is about as far as you'll get without getting comfortable with digital media. You will hit a point where more realism or more light play or more foundational blocks dont matter, and you will stagnate. It's better to lead this stuff now. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Today, I took a pony and added the Pseudonatural Template to it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Inspired by this.
    oh man
    Wow
    Ok

I'm sorry
    But your tail?
    It looks like the pony is vomiting from his bum
    And I can't stop laughing
    Talking like Shatner
    Memories of pseudo natural template
    So hard to draw

Nicely done though. If this is your third tablet picture you're making leaps, and also bounds. I'm jealous.

Most impressive SiuiS. How long did it take you to do all that?
    Missed this.
    Approximately two hours, probably less. A lot of it was spent either looking at Sek so I could get it right, or pondering. I had some trouble mentally articulating things. Like the legs. A better design would be to have a hole, not a slot, that interacts with a second, free spinning wheel on the flank compartment. But spilt milk and all that.

A lot of the time was also sunk into exactly how to make it work together; to leave room for actual computery bits. But it all stemmed from seeing him draw Sek. I saw the rear legs and the articulation screamed and jumped out at me, clawing for birth through pencil. Imago.

... Huh.

I wonder if there's a way to make a Mage feel something so vividly, they cannot help but manifest it? I'll look into that...
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-02-03 at 10:07 PM.