Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
We should assume Rich did fudge the rules when:
A) two thirds believe that rules fudging is the correct explanation

We should assume Rich might have fudged the rules when:
A) one third believe that rules fudging is the correct explanation, or
B) one half believe that rules fudging is a reasonable, though not necessarily correct, explanation

It might be worthwhile to maintain a running total (with list to ensure no double-counting) of votes in a spoiler block to improve consistency and persistence of such judgments.

Explicit statements from Rich trump any such vote, of course.
The huge problem with such a system is that Rich explicitly stated that he doesn't base his characters on "common decisions" that a player would make. And too many voters would vote exactly based on their own game preferences.
As an example, I'd really wonder why would anyone choose to spend 3 best feats on Improved Spell Capacity if they can get almost the same effect with a cheap metamagic rod (probably reslotted into robe, belt or cape form) - but the Giant might have a completely different opinion...

As for anything Epic+ - I think we should only accept explicitly stated things (i.e. "he used a 10th level slot") and not try to deduce anything, as at such a level character's options are far too great to more-or-less reliably pinpoint anything at all.