1. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Hmmm, I didn't have any problems with the Snips, Snails and Dragon Tails sending so I didn't even thought about such a thing. How did you solve the issuse with your sending? (Interested since I'm in Vienna too. Grüße by the way)
    The Ookoodook package wasn't a problem (if I recall correctly, it had a sticker on the outside declaring it contained books D, -1 and 0).
    The two Cafepress orders I placed so far weren't a problem either, although both of them had one t-shirt, and both of them had stickers with the contents on them.
    I don't know why, but it was never the OotS stuff that made the customs office curious. Maybe it's because the content was declared on the outside of the package, maybe it's because both Cafepress orders were envelopes about the size of half an OotS book, maybe it's because the Cafepress orders had only one t-shirt each, maybe it's because the value wasn't over € XX on any of the orders, maybe it's a combination of all of the above.

The big order with the obscene import taxes and fees wasn't anything OotS-related and had about five t-shirts among a bunch of other things, and the list of ordered items was inside the big carton the order came in.
    I had no idea that the customs office had looked into it until the package got here near the end of the estimated time of arrival (which spanned more than two weeks, so yeah, not that much of a delay, although I wonder how much sooner it might have gotten here otherwise). The list of contents right on top of everything else had a check mark next to each item and the carton was resealed. An envelope with the taxes and fees was taped to the outside of the carton. It's been a while, so I don't recall if the delivery guy collected the extra money or if it was charged directly to the credit card with the money for the order itself, and I don't feel like searching for the paperwork right now

(Sorry for the long response, und servus zurück )
    Last edited by honigmuffin; 2012-02-22 at 02:43 PM.