View Single Post

Thread: Skyrim IV: Oblivion

1. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Skyrim IV: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    I would like to reinforce this advice, and supplement it with my own: Plan your perk build, from the beginning, and keep your planned perk total to 49 perks (enough to see you to level 50). You can certainly get more perks if you raise every skill in the game to 100, but you'll find that a long and tedious journey.
    Here's what I have planned right now...
    Spoiler
    Show

• Light Armor = 9, everything but Matched Set
    • One Handed = 9, Armsman, Stance, and Bladesman
    • Conjuration = 8 (currently) - Novice, Dual Cast, 1pt Summon, Atromancy, Potency, Twin Souls, Binding, Soul Stealer. Not sure on Oblivion Binding.
    • Restoration = at least 5, possibly more. Novice, Regeneration, Necromage, 2pts Recovery.
    • Enchanting = 10 - everything but the fire/frost/storm line
    • Illusion = at least 4 - the chain down to Quiet Casting. This is primarily about sticking to my old "concept", so probably going to take these regardless of actual power or impact.

This will put me at 46th. I think I've already got Novice Destruction, Alteration, and Lockpicking, which would make it 49th. I'm not going to sweat a few misplaced points that badly, I hope

RE: Long & Tedious Journey. This is the fourth Elder Scroll game I've played (exception = Oblivion). My Daggerfall character had every misc skill up to level 50, and I capped out his level. My Morrowind character wasn't quite that crazy but, yeah, if I keep enjoying the game "every skill to 100" is a possibility that approaches challenge.
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2012-02-22 at 04:16 PM.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)